BANGLADESH INSTITUTE OF INTERNATIONAL AND STRATEGIC STUDIES (BIISS)
Call for Papers
The Editor-in-Chief of BIISS Journal invites author/s to submit manuscripts for consideration in this scholarly journal. It welcomes submissions from strategic and defense studies, political sciences, international relations, peace and conflict studies, development studies, economics, international law and other related fields of study in social sciences. General Information BIISS Journal (ISSN 1010-9536) is a peer-reviewed journal published quarterly by the Bangladesh Institute of International and Strategic Studies (BIISS), in January, April, July and October. BIISS Journal has been in publication since 1980. The journal provides a forum for debate and discussion on international affairs, security and development issues in national, regional and global perspectives. It welcomes regular and prospective authors to contribute to this journal with an original unpublished manuscript. It is scholarly in depth while vivid, well written and policy relevant in approach. It is determined to publish original work of value to the academic community in the best possible form and to the highest possible standards. BIISS Journal uses double-blind review, which means identities of both the reviewer and author are concealed from the reviewer and vice versa, throughout the review process.
Notes for Author
• Submission of a paper implies that it has not been published previously and is not under consideration for publication elsewhere.
• The paper must be typewritten and double-spaced with at least 1- inch margin on all sides.
• All pages and footnotes should be numbered consecutively.
• Authors are also requested to enclose a brief biographical note and contact address in separate sheets.
• The length of the paper should be minimum 6,000 words excluding references, abstract and appendix.
• References should be in BIISS Journal style. For detailed citation style, please visit: http://www.biiss.org/page_details.php?type=page&id=120
• British spelling should be used.
• Footnotes, placed at the end of each page, should follow BIISS Journal prescribed format.
• Author/s are requested to enclose an abstract of 200-300 words of the paper.
• Tables, maps and diagrams should be placed in separate sheets.
Paper, both in Microsoft word (doc, docx) and Portable Document Format (pdf) should be sent by email to: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org, endorsing a copy to email@example.com. A hard copy of the paper may also be mailed in the following address: Bangladesh Institute of International and Strategic Studies (BIISS), 1/46, Old Elephant Road (West of Ramna Police Station) Dhaka-1000, Bangladesh. However, in addition to hard copy, a soft copy of the paper should also be sent in the aforementioned manner.
Contact Details Bangladesh Institute of International and Strategic Studies (BIISS) 1/46, Old Elephant Road (West of Ramna Police Station) Dhaka-1000, Bangladesh Phone: (+88) (02) 9353808, 8315808, 9336287 Fax: (+88) (02) 48312625 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.biiss.org