Details Profile of Researchers in BIISS
Titles Not Found!
Rubel Molla is a Research Fellow at the Bangladesh Institute of International and Strategic Studies (BIISS). He obtained his Bachelor and Master degree in Political Science from the University of Dhaka. He finds interest in studying behaviour of the states within the geopolitical settings of the Asian region and beyond; and the dynamics of foreign relations with the changing nature of domestic power politics of the competing nations. He has been working at BIISS since November 2017.
Areas of Expertise
- Geopolitics with special reference to Asia
- Structural-functional Approach in Regional Cooperation particularly in South Asian region
- Comparative Governance and Institutionalism
- Globalisation and Security Nexus
- Neo-classical Realism and Foreign Policy of the Developing Nations
- M. Aynul Islam and Rubel Molla, “China’s Belt and Road Initiative: Implications for Asia and Bangladesh”, in Delwar Hossain (ed.), Bangladesh-East Asia Relations: Changing Scenarios and evolving Linkages, East Asia Study Center (EASC), University of Dhaka, 2020.
- Rubel Molla, “The ‘New Normal’ in China’s Foreign Policy: Implications for Bangladesh”, BIISS Journal, Vol. 38, No. 4, October 2017
- Benuka Ferdousi and Rubel Molla, “Renewable Energy in Bangladesh: Achievements, Potentials and Challenges”, BIISS Journal, Vol. 39, No.1, January 2018.
- Rubel Molla, “Migration into Assam: Securitisation and Beyond”, BIISS Journal, Vol. 40, No. 4, October 2019.
- Mohammad Sohrab Hossain and Rubel Molla, “Governance and Sustainable Development in Bangladesh: Implications of Policies, challenges and Options”, BIISS Journal, Vol.41, No. 2, April 2020.
Academic Awards and Achievements
- Dean’s Award 2017.