Details Profile of Researchers in BIISS
+880-2-48315808, 222223808; Ext. 107
Sajid Karim is currently working as a Research Fellow at the Bangladesh Institute of International and Strategic Studies (BIISS). Being a graduate of Political Science from the University of Dhaka, he takes a keen interest in the politics of conflict and cooperation in transboundary water issues; and his research area hovers around transboundary water governance and hydro-politics, with a specific focus on the Ganges River basin. Before obtaining his second master’s degree in Sustainable Development from Uppsala University, Sweden, Mr Karim completed a Post Graduate Diploma in Disaster Management from the Institute of Disaster Management and Vulnerability Studies (IMDVS), University of Dhaka. He regularly works as an Assistant Editor of BIISS Journal and has few publications under his credit.
Areas of Expertise
- Transboundary Water Cooperation;
- Water Politics
- Sajid Karim and Mohammad Jasim Uddin, “Nation Branding of Bangladesh: Exploring the Potential and the Process”, BIISS Journal, Vol. 42, No. 3, July 2021, pp. 227-256.
- Sajid Karim and Mohammad Jasim Uddin, “Materializing the BBIN Initiative: Transport Connectivity in Focus”, BIISS Journal, Vol. 39, No. 3, July 2018, pp. 287-302.
- Sajid Karim and Mahbubur Rashid Bhuiyan, “Sustainable Flood Management in Bangladesh: Addressing the Challenges”, BIISS Journal, Vol. 39, No. 1, January 2018, pp. 1-27.
- Sajid Karim, “Understanding High Disaster Risk of Flash Flood in Haor Region of Bangladesh”, BIISS Journal, Vol. 38, No. 3, July 2017, pp. 181-204.
- Sajid Karim and Mohammad Jasim Uddin, “Foreign Policy of Bangladesh: Emerging Challenges”, BIISS Journal, Vol. 37, No. 4, October 2016, pp. 339-362.
- Sajid Karim and Nazmul Islam, “Syrian Civil War: Geopolitics and Implications”, BIISS Journal, Vol. 37, No. 2, April 2016, pp. 107-132.
- Sajid Karim and Gazi Qumarul Hasan, “Motor Vehicle Agreement Between Bangladesh Bhutan India and Nepal: Implications and Challenges”, BIISS Journal, Vol. 36, No. 2, April 2015, pp. 165-180.
- Sajid Karim, Transboundary Water Cooperation between Bangladesh and India in the Ganges River Basin: Exploring a Benefit-sharing Approach, Master thesis in Sustainable Development at Uppsala University, No. 2020/63, 2020, pp. 1-48, available at https://www.diva-portal.org/smash/get/diva2:1499222/FULLTEXT01.pdf, accessed on 01 July 2021.
- Polarization in the OIC on the Issue of Palestine
- Understanding the Cost of Non-Cooperation in the GBM Basin
Academic Awards and Achievements