Details Profile of Researchers in BIISS
Titles Not Found!
Md. Jahan Shoieb joined Bangladesh Institute of International and Strategic Studies (BIISS) as a Research Officer in August 2012. He graduated from the Department of International Relations, University of Dhaka. Later, he obtained his second Master’s degree from the same discipline of Monash University, Melbourne, Australia, being awarded prestigious Australia Awards Endeavour Postgraduate (Masters) Scholarship 2016. He was also a visiting Research Fellow at Yunnan Academy of Social Sciences (YASS) where he conducted research on ‘BCIM-EC and One Belt and One Road’. He has received a good number of awards and scholarships for his academic attainments. Now he is serving as a Research Fellow at Bangladesh Institute of International and Strategic Studies (BIISS). As a researcher, he has authored a good number of articles and book chapters.
Areas of Expertise
- Global Terrorism and Counter-terrorism
- International Migration and Refugees
- Climate Change
- Md. Jahan Shoieb, “Maritime Connectivity Among BCIM: Prospects, Challenges and Way Forward”, in The Belt and Road Initiative and BCIM-EC Construction, ed. Ren Jia Chen Lijun, World Knowledge Publishing House Under the Supervision of Chinese Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Beijing: China, pp. 612-636, 2019.
- Kishore Kumer Basak, Dr. S M Zahedul Islam Chowdhury, M. Shahidul Islam, Noor Mohammad Sarker, Md. Jahan Shoieb and Sultana Yesmin, “The ‘Belt and Road’ Initiative and BCIM Economic Corridor: Bangladesh Perspectives”, in The Belt and Road Initiative and BCIM-EC Construction, ed. Ren Jia Chen Lijun, World Knowledge Publishing House Under the Supervision of Chinese Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Beijing: China, pp. 567-611, 2019.
- Md. Jahan Shoieb, “Branding Bangladesh: UN Peacekeeping Operations in Perspective”, United Nations Peacekeepers Journal, Vol. 7, Issue 7, May 2021.
- Md. Jahan Shoieb, “Post covid-19 World Order: Are We Witnessing A Change in Hegemonic Leadership?”, BIISS Journal, Vol. 41, No. 3, 2020.
- Md. Jahan Shoieb and Lam-ya Mostaque, “Changing Nature and the Role of Actors in Confronting Terrorism”, BIISS Journal, Vol. 40, No. 3, 2019.
- Md. Jahan Shoieb, “Conceptualizing Environmental Refugees: Do they Require Separate Attention?”, BIISS Journal, Vol. 39, No. 4, 2018, pp. 395-412
- Md. Jahan Shoieb, “Role of Internet-based Alternative Media in Global Terrorism and Counterterrorism,” BIISS Journal, Vol. 39, No. 2, 2018, pp. 215-234.
- 5. Md. Jahan Shoieb, “Restrictive Immigration Policies and Irregular Migration: Security Threats”, BIISS Journal, Vol. 38, Number 3, 2017, pp. 245-262.
- 6. Md. Jahan Shoieb, “Facing Climate Change Challenges in South Asia: The Role of SAARC”, BIISS Journal, Vol. 36, No. 2, 2015, pp. 151-164.
- 7. Md. Jahan Shoieb and Md. Muhibbur Rahman, “Emerging Security Landscape in the Bay of Bengal: Threat Mapping and Capability Building”, BIISS Journal, Vo. 35, No. 1, 2014, pp. 23-43.
- 8. Md. Jahan Shoieb, “China-ASEAN Relations: Trends and Issues”, BIISS Journal, Vol. 34, No. 1, 2013, pp. 37-51.
o Project: “Polarization in the OIC on the issue of Palestine-Israel”, BIISS
Position: Team Member
- The paper titled “Maritime Connectivity Among BCIM: Prospects, Challenges and Way Forward” was presented at Yunnan Academy of Social Sciences (YASS) in 2015.
- 5th Training Course on Preventing Violent Extremism organized by Centre for Genocide Studies (CGS), University of Dhaka (24 October 2020 to 29 October 2020)
Academic Awards and Achievements
- 2016 Australian Awards Endeavour Scholarship
- 2015 Certificate Awarded for Successful Completion of China-Bangladesh Capacity Building Programme
- 2011 Award of Academic Distinction for 2nd Position in MSS, University of Dhaka
- 2004 Merit Scholarship for Exceptional Result in Higher Secondary Examination
- 1999 Junior Talent Pool Scholarship
- 1998 Award for Achieving First Position on Essay Writing Competition in Divisional Level
- 1996 Primary Talent Pool Scholarship